Friday, Saturday and Sunday Sept. 1,2&3, 2017
Chairman: Jimmy Rohde 979-249-7296 email@example.com
Sanctioned event through the Lonestar Barbeque Society.
All cookers (teams) must buy a season pass to enter BBQ grounds.
Call Jimmy for discounted passes - Cookers only!
The cookers meeting will be held in the Round Up Hall on Saturday, Sept. 2, at 6:00 pm, followed by a Calcutta auction at 6:30 pm.
Rules and Regulations
1. Teams will consist of one chief cook and team members. All team members must have a season pass.
2. Cookers may enter grounds on Thursday, August 31. (Larger pits may set up earlier in designated area with approval by Chairman.)
3. The categories to be judged are: Beef brisket, Pork spare ribs, Pork butt, Chicken and Pinto beans.
4. Meat check in will begin at 12 noon Saturday, Sept. 2. At tie of check in meat must be raw, thawed and unseasoned.
5. Judging Saturday, September 2: Pinto beans @ 5:00 pm; Chief Cooks meeting @ 6:00 pm; Calcutta auction @ 6:30 pm.
6. Judging Sunday, Sept. 3: Chicken @ 11:00 am; Pork butt @ 12:30; Pork ribs - 2:00 pm; Brisket @ 3:30 pm. Tentative time for results is 5:00 pm in Round Up Hall.
7. A 20x20 space will be available for each team. BBQ and campers only must fit into space.
8. Cookers are responsible for all equipment and supplies and provide their own generator if needed. Campers must supply their own electricity.
9. The Fayette County Fair Association will not be responsible for any theft or damage to equipment.
10. Fires must be wood or wood substances. No electric or gas fires. Only beans will be allowed a burner. Holes or dugout pits not permitted.
11. The chief cook will be responsible for the conduct of his guests and team members, Excessive alcohol use or fighting are grounds for disqualification and will be asked to leave with no refund.
12. Team's alcoholic beverages are limited to team consumption only and not to be given to visitors. There are organizations on site selling beer as fundraiser projects.
13. Calcutta Rules: The Calcutta auction will follow the chief cooks meeting in the round Up Hall on Saturday, Sept. 2, at 6:30 pm. Teams will be offered the first option to buy their team for $200. If they decline, bidding will start at $20 for each team with no maximum. The Calcutta payout will be divided equally between the purchaser of the team winning top overall on 3 meats and the Fayette County Fair Association. If the winning team is not purchased in the Calcutta auction, the Fayette County Fair Association will keep all Calcutta money.
14. The entry fee is $120 for three categories (chicken, pork ribs & beef brisket).
15. Entry fee for Pork butt and beans is $20 per entry.
16. Entries must be received by August 31, 2017 before check in.(Only the first 50 paid entries will be allowed.)
17. Cash awards and trophies will be given in each category.
18. Contest committeemen reserve the right to make additional regulations as situations warrant. Decisions of the committee chair and judges are final.
19. Curfew will be in effect at midnight. No loud music or parties after midnight.
20. No vehicles, atv's or golf carts are allowed in cook off area.
21. No firearms or glass containers allowed.
22. No animals allowed.
****No beer brought in after Noon on Saturday. No beer brought in on Sunday at all. ****
Fayette County Fair BBQ Cook-Off Entry Form
Sanctioned by Lone Star BBQ Society
September 1, 2, & 3, 2017
Team Name: ___________________________________________________________________
Mail entries with payment to:
Jimmy Rohde (BBQ Chairman), 158 E Charles St., La Grange, TX78945
Call (979)249-7296 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Make checks payable to:Fayette County Fair (ONLY FIRST 50 PAID ENTRIES WILL BE ALLOWED)
$120 for Chicken, Pork Ribs & Beef Brisket$__________
$20 per entry for Pork Butt$__________
$20 per entry for Pinto Beans$ __________
$35 x ______ for Season Passes (4 day pass)$___________
(Cookers only – one free season pass and up to (2) discounted season passes –
Entry MUST be paid in full for PRIOR to August 15 to receive discount!!)
$20 x ______ (up to 2 passes)$___________
Everyone on BBQ Team & guests must have a Season Pass to enter the 2017 Fair.
For Internal Use Only
(3) Meats ($120) ________
Pork Butt ($20) x _____________
Pinto Beans ($20) x _____________
Free Fair PassFree__
$20 disc. Passes x _____________
Total Paid (cash/check)________
Please support our Queen Contestants that are selling tickets.
Season passes at the gate will be a higher price.
Discounted passes may only be purchased with entry forms before August 15.
Please note the following changes for the online entry-
Dates should read Sept. 1 - 3, 2017,
One free season ticket per team, can purchase up to 2 more at $20 each. Additional season tickets are $35 each.
No Hawaiian drinks competition this year.