Creative Arts Division
(Does not apply to Floral & Agriculture Departments)
Chairpersons: Glenna Laffey 968-6328 Noreen Dopslauf 247-4255 Advisors: Sally Garrett 968-5831
Jenifer Boening 968-5831
BEST OF DEPARTMENT AWARDS
Fayette County Record
Best of Department of each age group may be awarded by judges who consider all Grand Champions in that department.
This special presentation will be made by the newspaper at the photo taking session.
Pictures of the Best of Department of each age group
(in each department C-L) and of the following will be taken:
Children (8 - 12 years)Teen (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 70 years)Golden age (70+ years)
Pictures of the Best of Departments of each age group only,
will be contacted for time and date by the Extension Office. Pictures will be taken in Exhibit Hall August 31, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
All entries and awards in this division shall be subject to the
RULES and REGULATIONS and PREMIUMS LIST published in this catalog, unless otherwise stated in the Department
rules.All exhibits must be prepared solely by the exhibitor within the last twenty four (24) months.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1.SCHEDULE– Creative Arts Building:
Monday, June 26– Pre-registration begins Friday, August 18– Pre-registration ends
Monday, August 21 – Check-in Entries EXCEPT CULINARY AND COLLECTIBLES
4:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 22 – Check-in Entries EXCEPT CULINARY AND COLLECTIBLES
3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Monday, August 28 – Set up of EEA/Adult Exhibits
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon Set up of 4-H Exhibits 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 30 – Check-in CULINARY & COLLECTIBLE ENTRIES
4:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 31 – Viewing Creative Arts, Exhibit Hall – 1:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Friday, September 1 – Viewing Creative Arts, Exhibit Hall 4:00 - 11:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 2 – Viewing Creative Arts, Exhibit Hall – 1:00 - 11:00 p.m.
Sunday, September 3
1:00 - 10:00 p.m. – Viewing Creative Arts, Exhibit Hall
Monday, September 4
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon – Check-out ALL entries 2. There is a $1.00 Entry Fee per department regardless of how many classes are entered in that department.
- Exhibitors are encouraged to pre-enter.Pre-registered individuals will have an “express line” with pre-labeled entry tags.Payment made at check-in.
- The Department Chairman will direct and be in charge of entries and reserve the right to accept or reject entries depending on condition and suitability of exhibits.
- NO PARCEL POST ARTICLES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Entries will be accepted in the Fayette County Fair for adult and youth age groups.Age is determined at entry deadline are as follows: Kids Korner: 5-7 years (including 4-H Clover Kids) Children: 8-12 years Teen: 13-17 years Adult: 18-70 years Golden Age: 70+ years Semi Professional: see Rule #8 Professional: see Rule #9
- KID'S KORNER is for the little folks, 5-7 years of age including 4-H Clover Kids.All entries for this age group will be shown in one area of the Exhibit Hall (not divided by departments).A total of 5 items may be entered.Only Participation Ribbons will be awarded to all entries. No registration fee.
- GROUPS: Consisting of 2 or more people.
- SEMI PROFESSIONAL is anyone who has received compensation for their wares but do not consider it their full-time occupation.
- PROFESSIONALS MAY EXHIBIT in their area(s) of expertise in the Professional Group.A professional is defined as one following an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain, or as one who has services for sale; for example, a person teaching or selling painting(s) may enter a painting in the Professional group, or a cook or food instructor may enter foods in the Professional group.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST REMAIN ON EXHIBIT DURINGTHE ENTIRE PERIOD OF THE FAIR.ENTRIES NOT PICKED UP MONDAY AT RELEASE TIME, WILL FORFEIT PREMIUMS.Release time is Monday, September 4, 2017 from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 noon.Any exhibits not picked up will be donated to charitable organizations, unless other arrangements are made by exhibitor with Department Chairmen.
- Premiums will be paid in full according to the Premium List.Premium money will be paid at check-out when the exhibits are picked up.NO PREMIUM MONEY WILL BE MAILED.
- THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES SHALL BE FINAL. Classes with only one entry will receive an award if deemed worthy by the judges.
- No Exhibitor will be allowed to interfere in any way with the judges in the performance of their duties.Chairmen will be present during judging.
- Name of the Exhibitor shall not be displayed until judging is complete.
- All exhibits will be under the control and direction of the show management, but the Fayette County Fair Chairmen or any other official of the Fayette County Fair will not be held responsible for any loss or damage that may occur. Each exhibitor will be solely responsible for any conse quential or other loss, injury or damage done, or occasioned by, or arising from the exhibit of any entry.
- All exhibits must be prepared solely by the exhibitor and within the last twenty-four (24) MONTHS, and NOT previously entered in the Fair.
- Classes within a category and age group may be combined if a class has fewer than 5 entries.PREMIUM LIST – PER CLASSBest of Department – $5.00Grand Champion – $2.00•Reserve Champion – $1.75Blue Ribbon – $1.00•Red Ribbon – $.75These will be in effect for each department unless otherwise stated in departmental rules.Rosettes will be awarded to Grand Champion and Reserve Champion in each set of classes as separated in the catalog.In order to receive premiums all rules must be adhered to.
- OOPS CATEGORY FOR ADULTS (18-70 PLUS) Departments: CLOTHING, CULINARY, NEEDLEWORK, QUILTS OOPS entry MUST NOT be intentional and ONE entry per department.Explain in 25 words or less on an 81/2” x 11” paper (copy paper) what happened that caused the OOPS.
- Entries not meeting requirements will remain on display but will not be judged.