Tickets & Deals
Lifetime Honorary Members
Creative Arts  >
Canning and Preserving Dept.
Crafts & Other Arts Dept.
Fine Arts Department
Flower and Plant House
General Culinary Department
Machine Sewing Fabric & Fibers
Incredible Music Makers
Blue Sunset Band
Horse Project Show
Jr. Breeding Show
Jr. Commercial Heifer Show
Jr. Dairy Show
Lamb Prospect Show
Open Jr. Beef Heifer Show
Open Meat Goat Show
Breeding Doe Show
Queen's Scholarship Pageant
German-Czech Mart Food Vendors
Skip Navigation Links
Horse Project Show
Horse Project Show
Horse Project Show
Sept 03, 2017
Emily Fritsch Barn
Horse Project Show
Be A Fan
Committee Chairmen: Byron Gross, Niki Powell
Committee Members: Jeremy Finch DVM, Deanna Toddy Purpose: To provide 4-H and FFA Members the opportunity–
1. To set personal goals.
2. To show one’s pride in himself and his horse.
3. To work together as a team with other project members.
4. To demonstrate good sportsmanship, self-discipline, and responsibility for his horse’s care.
5. To learn and apply sound nutritional, hoof, health and record keeping practices.
6. To provide a continuing program for exercise, fitness and conditioning.
7. To install knowledge of proper grooming and handling of a horse to assure that each horse will reach its ultimate growth potential.
8. To demonstrate a knowledge of showmanship in order to exhibit the horse to its best advantage.
Classes which will be offered at the fair, will be:
Halter Classes Geldings 4 & under, Geldings 5 & over, Mares 4 & under, Mares 5 & over,
Showmanship at Halter & Horse Judging.
Exhibitor & Show Rules:
1. All equine entries and exhibitors are subject to the General Rules and Regulations of the Fayette County Fair.
2. The Horse Project Show entries are limited to boys and girls of Fayette and surrounding counties who are members of 4-H Clubs, FFA Chapters and/or Junior FFA.
3. Horse must be in stall by 8 a.m. on Sunday, September 3, 2017. Judging will begin at 2:00 p.m., Sunday, September 3, 2017. Classes will be as follows: Geldings 4 & under, Geldings 5 & over, Mares 4 & under and Mares 5 & over. (An exhibitor may weigh-in a maximum of 3 horses, but may only show a maximum of 2 horses, however an exhibitor can only show one horse per class.) Showman ship at Halter and a Horse Judging Competition will also be offered. Exhibitors are responsible for knowing the times at which their class begins.
4. FAMILY WORK RULE: For an exhibitor to be eligible to participate in the Horse Project Show their family will be required to work one fundraiser, if one is being done, and perform a minimum of four (4) work hours per family of volunteer services specified by the horse project committee.
5. Exhibitors must personally own and care for his/her horse project and must feed, care for, fit and exhibit the animal entered with aid or assistance from anyone other than a hired professional fitter. Animals that cannot be properly controlled by the exhibitor could be banned from the show at the committee discretion.
Byron Gross 979-966-3307
30 30 31
6. Horses must reside at the exhibitor's residence. If it is not possible for the horse to reside at exhibitor's residence, it is required to state the physical location of the colt to the committee. This location will have to be approved by the project committee. No horse project is allowed to be kept at any type of trainer or training facilities, unless otherwise approved by the committee, from the time the exhibitor owns the horse through the completion of the Fayette County Fair Horse Project Show. The committee reserves the right to do Drop By inspections with advance notice at reasonable times to see how horses are progressing. Drop By inspections may be conducted by all or any one Horse Project Committee member, 4-H Extension Agent and FFA teacher. It is the responsibility of the exhibitor or parent to inform the committee of any changes in address or phone numbers.
7. Unsportsmanlike conduct of exhibitors, parents and/or guardians will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification. It is not allowed for an exhibitor, his/her family or guardian to interfere in any way with the judges, show disrespect to them, or to the show or to any committee person. Anyone causing a disturbance will be barred from the fairgrounds for the remainder of the Fair.
8. No person will be permitted to enter the arena except participants in the class, judges, and their assistants, show photographer and assistant, show officials and staff. Parents will not be permitted in the arena unless summoned by the judge.
9. The Fayette County Fair reserves, to its Horse Project Committee, final and absolute right to interpret rules and regulations.
1. All exhibitors are required to have a clear copy of a Grade Horse Certificate or Registration papers showing exhibitors name or showing the name of an immediate family member (parents, brother, sister, grandparents or legal guardian) as owner, breeders certificate or a Photostat copy of horse's papers, with transfer form showing the name and registration number of the horse's sire and dam plus the breeders name. These papers must be turned in to committee chairman, Niki Powell by August 1, 2017. If registration papers are held up in office due to DNA testing or processing this will require a letter from the association stating this and that the papers are in progress. However, registration papers must be turned in by the show on September 3, 2017 or you will not be allowed to show.
2. There will be a $20.00 entry fee per entry for Fayette County exhibitors and a $30.00 entry fee per entry for Out of County Exhibitors. Entry Fees may be mailed to: Niki Powell, c/o Gardenia Janssen Animal Shelter, 240 Svoboda Ln., La Grange, Texas 78945.
3. All Horse entries are due August 1, 2017. Late fees will be double.
4. A copy of a negative coggins and proof of EWT, flu, rhino, west nile & rabies vaccinations MUST BE TURNED IN AT TIME OF ENTRY.
5. A current Negative Coggins and your horses current shot record will need to be on file for all horse entries and horse must be in good health upon arrival at the Fairgrounds for the Fair. Soundness of the horse projects will be deter mined by the judge. NO HEALTH CERTIFICATE IS NEEDED FOR FAIR.
6. All horses will be stalled on sand. No hay, straw or shavings of any kind may be used for bedding under the barn. Exhibitors will be required to keep their space, aisles and stalls in clean and sanitary condition by removing all filth and litter and place it at designated areas. A fee of $50.00 per stall will be assessed if the exhibitor’s space is not properly cleaned.
32 32 33
7. All entries must be in their stalls on a specific date scheduled by the Horse project committee. Horses should remain on fairgrounds until released.
8. Stall assignments will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
9. The show will be conducted according to AQHA rules and regulations where applicable. Halter classes will be judged with consideration as to the model qualities of the different breeds exhibited. Fayette County Fair rules and Horse Project rules take precedence over AQHA rules.
10. During the fair, all horses are subject to blood, urine or saliva tests and re-evaluation conducted by a veterinarian and supervised by the livestock superintendent or committee member. Any horse requiring medication during the fair must have prior approval of the livestock committee chairman before being administered by the vet or exhibitor.
11. All horses must be shown free of a prohibited substance (medication) in accordance with AQHA rule 441(h) or will forfeit any and all awards. A prohibited substance is defined as any stimulates, depressant, tranquilizer, or local anesthetic which may affect the performance of a horse.
Showmanship at Halter
1. There will be a junior and a senior division in the showmanship class.
2. Showmanship classes are only open to exhibitors and horses entered in a Halter Class.
3. The showmanship exhibitor is required to have a Grade Horse Certificate or registration papers showing exhibitors name or showing an immediate family member (parents, brother, sister, grandparents or legal guardian) as owner.
4. Entry fees will be $15.00 for each Fayette County Exhibitor and $25.00 for Out of County Exhibitors, due by August 1, 2017. Late fees will be double the entry fee.
5. Entry Fees may be mailed to: Niki Powell, c/o Gardenia Janssen Animal Shelter, 240 Svoboda Ln., La Grange, Texas 78945.
Horse Judging Competition
1. Judgers may enter as an individual or a team of 3 or 4 4-H or FFA members.
2. There will be a junior and senior division in the horse judging competition. Ages are to be determined by committee after all entries are in.
3. The entry fee will be $10.00 per Fayette County Exhibitor and $20.00 per out of County Exhibitor. Entry Fees may be mailed to: Niki Powell, c/o Gardenia Janssen Animal Shelter, 240 Svoboda Ln., La Grange, Texas 78945.
4. All Horse judging entries are due August 1, 2017. THERE WILL BE NO LATE ENTRIES IN THE HORSE JUDGING COMPETITION.
5. Exhibitors will judge at least one to four classes consisting of halter and/or showmanship at halter.
6. Oral reasons will be required only in the event of a tie.
7. The Horse Judging Competition will be conducted according to General 4-H Horse Judging Rules. These rules and/or the General Fair Rules will have precedence over any other rules.
8. The halter class may consist of various breeds.
1. Gelding and Mare Classes: Geldings and Mares will compete in separate sex and age divisions. Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the committee.
2. Showmanship at Halter: Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the committee.
3. Horse Judging Competition: Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the committee.
Horse Project, Showmanship & Horse Judging ––– ENTRY FORM ––– __________________________________________________ Exhibitor or Judger's Name (This is how it will appear in the program) DOB____________________ Age as of Sept. 1, 2017______ __________________________________________________ Exhibitor or Judger's Address __________________________________________________ Exhibitor or Judger's City and Zip __________________________________________________ Exhibitor or Judger's Phone Number __________________________________________________ Parents Name and Phone Numbers __________________________________________________ Parents Email Address Halter Class Entries Circle one: YES or NO Fayette County - $20 per entry Surrounding County ___________________ - $30 per entry (County Name) Horse #1 Name_____________________________________ Horse #1 Sex____________________ Age_______________ Horse #2 Name_____________________________________ Horse #2 Sex____________________ Age_______________
Showmanship at Halter Entries Circle one: YES or NO Fayette County - $15 per entry Surrounding County ___________________ - $25 per entry (County Name) Showmanship Horse Name________________________________________ (continued on back)
34 34 35
Horse Judging Entries: Circle one: YES or NO Fayette County - $10 per entry Surrounding County ___________________ - $20 per entry (County Name)
Please accept the entries described herein. I have read, understand and agree to abide by all the rules and regulations governing the Fair entries as published in the official exhibitor guidebook. I agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless the Fair from any and all claims and losses occurring or resulting to any and all persons in connection with my participation in the Fair and from any and all claims or losses occurring or resulting to any person who may be injured or damaged as a result of my participation. I understand that by participating in the Fair my photograph may be taken. My signature on this form authorizes the Fair Association to use said photographs for promotional and public releases.
__________________________________________________ Exhibitor's Signature ___________________________________ Date __________________________________________________ Parent's Signature ___________________________________ Date
Mail Entry to or Drop Off at: Niki Powell c/o Gardenia Janssen Animal Shelter 240 Svoboda Ln. La Grange, Texas 78945 by August 1, 2017.
ENTRY FORM & FEES DUE AUGUST 1, 2017
Have a photo from this event?
Privacy & Terms
Copyright ©2017, Fayette County Fair Association. All Rights Reserved.