Tickets & Deals
Lifetime Honorary Members
Creative Arts  >
Canning and Preserving Dept.
Crafts & Other Arts Dept.
Fine Arts Department
Flower and Plant House
General Culinary Department
Machine Sewing Fabric & Fibers
Incredible Music Makers
Blue Sunset Band
Horse Project Show
Jr. Breeding Show
Jr. Commercial Heifer Show
Jr. Dairy Show
Lamb Prospect Show
Open Jr. Beef Heifer Show
Open Meat Goat Show
Breeding Doe Show
Queen's Scholarship Pageant
German-Czech Mart Food Vendors
Skip Navigation Links
Jr. Breeding Show
Jr. Breeding Heifer Show
Jr. Breeding Heifer Show
Sept 03, 2017
Emily Fritsch Barn
Jr. Breeding Show
Be A Fan
CHAIRMAN: Kayla Kaspar, Chris and Courtney Veselka 979-968-5831
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: Brandon and Carissa Karisch, Bradley Klesel, James Schramek, Eddie and Jennifer Moeller, Chelsea Moeller, Bruce Dopslauf, Scott Parker, Trace and Jodie Siptak, and Robin Guenther.
PURPOSE: To encourage beef production among Fayette County 4-H and FFA members.
EXHIBITOR & SHOW RULES:
1. Exhibitors must be current Fayette County FFA or 4-H members. Members who graduated in May previous to the show will be eligible to show in the show.
2. The show is open to all breeds, crossbreeds, registered and commercial heifers.
3. There will be a $10.00 entry fee per entry. Entry fees are to be mailed to: Kayla Kaspar 255 Svoboda Lane, Suite 134 La Grange, Texas 78945
4. All entries of livestock are due August 17, 2017. NO Late entries will be accepted.
5. Exhibitors must be in possession, and must own entries by August 1, 2017. Each entry must be permanently identified by brand or tattoo.
6. Exhibitors must halter break their animals and are responsible for showing their own animals.
7. Animals that cannot be properly controlled by the exhibitor will not be permitted to show.
8. All livestock will be stalled on sand. No hay or straw of any kind may be fed or used for bedding under the barn.
9. Exhibitors will be required to keep their space, aisles and stalls in a clean and sanitary condition by removing all filth and litter and place it at designated areas.
10. All entries must arrive on one of the following dates and times: a. 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm Thursday b. 2:00 and 4:00 pm, Saturday OR c. 7:00 am and 8:00 am, Sunday All entries will be released Sunday after the conclusion of the show.
11. Registration papers will ONLY be checked on Sunday, September 3, 2017 between 7:00 am and 8:00 am.
12. Stall assignments will be pre-assigned to clubs / chapters prior to arrival by the Livestock Department Chairman. Any 4-H clubs or FFA chapters needing extra stalls for tack must request it at the time of entry and will be assigned upon availability. The changing of stalls without the permission of the Department Chairman will not be permitted. No stalling will be allowed ahead of time.
13. All Texas Animal Health Commission Rules and Regulations governing county fairs and expositions will apply to all livestock entered at the Fayette County Fair. Consult your Agricultural Science Teacher, County Extension Agent, or local veterinarian concerning health requirements for proper health papers. Health papers will be checked if required by Texas Animal Health Commission.
14. Judging will begin at 9:00 a.m., Sunday, September 3, 2017. Exhibitors are responsible for knowing the times at which their animals will be judged. Any animal not presented promptly will be ruled ineligible and barred from competition in the class. No complaint or protest on the grounds that the judge overlooked animals will be considered. If any exhibitor, in any way, whether in person or by agent, or servant, interferes with the judges during their judging, or shows any disrespect to the judge, or the show, the Committee may demand a proper apology from the exhibitor, may exclude him/her from competition, ban him/ her from the grounds, and may also withhold any prizes that may have been awarded. Entries will be shown by the following division: a) American Registered Breeds b) British Registered Breeds c) Exotic Registered Breeds d) Non Registered Show order and class division will be as follows: I. Senior Showmanship (15 years and older)* II. Intermediate Showmanship (11 to 14 years of age)* III. Junior Showmanship (under 11 years)* IV. Heifers born January 1, 2017 or younger V. Heifers born September 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016 VI. Heifers born May 1, 2016 to August 31, 2017 VII. Heifers born January 1, 2016 to April 30, 2016 VIII. Heifers born September 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015 IX. Heifers born before August 31, 2015 (All entries must have been shown in an organized show in the Fayette County Fair) X. Division Champion XI. Division Reserve Champion XII. Grand Champion XIII. Reserve Grand Champion *(NOTE: Unless otherwise stated, the date of determining age of exhibitor in a class shall be the opening date of the Fair.)
15. Premiums for exhibitors are generous and deserving of a thank you from the exhibitor. Please take the time to thank those who have supported you. a. Grand Champion: Belt Buckle b. Reserve Champion: Belt Buckle c. Division Champion Awards d. Division Reserve Champion Awards e. Senior Showmanship: 1st Place Belt Buckle and 2nd Place Award f. Intermediate Showmanship: 1st Place Belt Buckle and 2nd Place Award
12 12 13
g. Junior Showmanship: 1st Place Belt Buckle and 2nd Place Award h. Herdsman Award: 1st and 2nd Place Awards (will be judged on an individual basis – animals without property identification/signage will not be judged) Class Ribbon Premiums: Donated by Fayette County Fair Association Premium money will be determined by the number of sponsors and entries. (Prize money will be awarded according to ribbon classification. No exhibitor will be paid premiums on more than two entries.)
16. In order for an exhibitor to be eligible to compete for the showmanship award, he or she must own and show their own animal – grooming of animals for showmanship is not required and will not be considered in contest judging.
17. The Fayette County Fair reserves, to its beef show committee, final and absolute right to interpret these rules and regulations. 18. Each exhibitor will receive one exhibitor pass for the fair. Additional passes will be available at the livestock office (maximum of 2 extras) for $10.00 each.
19. No exhibitor, committee person, fair director, or worker will be permitted to leave any motor vehicle unattended on the fairgrounds at any time. Limited vehicle access to the cattle and loading area will be allowed. Any vehicle found unattended will be subject to immediate towing at the owner’s expense. No vehicle will be allowed upon the fairgrounds for the purpose of carrying feed and/or other equipment except to load and unload items. Access into the livestock area by motor vehicle will be permitted through the gate designated as No. 2. Persons using this gate will be required to comply with all instructions received by the gate personnel. All gate personnel have been provided with strict instruction as to the proper procedure for permitting vehicle access to the fairgrounds and no exceptions will be granted at any time without written authorization from the Fair President or the Chief of Fair Security.
20. The Fayette County Fair will not be held legally responsible for any damages or injuries to any persons, personal properties, exhibitors, exhibits or livestock exhibited at the
Have a photo from this event?
Privacy & Terms
Copyright ©2017, Fayette County Fair Association. All Rights Reserved.