Junior Dairy Department
Committee: Bob Stryk, Karl & Ceri Williams, Mike Zapalac,
The following rules are in addition to the general rules for the Fayette County Fair Association.
- The Dairy Department will be open to RegisteredHolsteins, Jerseys and Brown Swiss from FFA and4-H exhibitors throughout the state of Texas.
- There will only be a Junior Dairy Show at the 2017 FayetteCounty Fair.
- ALL LIVESTOCK WILL BE STALLED ON SAND.NOHAY OR STRAW OF ANY KIND MAY BE USED FOR BEDDING UNDER THE BARN.
- All animals entered and shown in this show must beregistered.
- All entries in the Junior Dairy Show must be properlyentered and entry fees paid by August 20, 2017.Therewill be a $10.00 per head entry fee.Entry Form on page 21.Mail Entries To: FAYETTE COUNTY FAIRJunior Dairy Showc/o Ceri Williams4961 S. US Hwy. 77La Grange, Texas 78945
- All entries must be in the show barn and checked in by8:00 a.m. Saturday.All entries may leave after the showand after they have cleaned their stall area.
- Each breed will be shown separately. Prizes will beawarded to each breed champion if there are at least fiveentries.
- If an exhibitor leaves with their entries before release time,without the permission of the Livestock Chairman, nopremium money will be awarded.
- Only blue ribbon animals will be eligible to receive a breedtrophy.
- The judging of this show will be on a classification basis.
- Judging of the Junior Dairy Show will start at 9:00 a.m. onSaturday, September 2, 2017.
- For Texas Animal Health Commission Regulations seeGeneral Rules.
- Prize money in the Junior Show will be divided on a pointbasis, four dollars per point being the maximum payment.
- Score of point basis as follows:Blue ......................................................................4 pointsRed.......................................................................3 points
- Exhibitors will receive one gate pass.Up to twoadditional gate passes will be sold at the entrance gate.Classes:
- Pee Wee Showmanship
- Junior Fitting Showmanship Contest:Born September 1, 2002 or later.
- Senior Fitting Showmanship Contest:Born August 31, 2002 or earlier.
- Junior Heifer Calf:Born March 1, 2016 or later.
- Winter Heifer Calf:Born December 1, 2015 - February 29, 2016.
- Fall Heifer Calf:Born September 1, 2015 - November 30, 2015.
- Summer Heifer Calf:Born June 1, 2015 - August 31, 2015.
- Junior Yearling Heifer:Born March 1, 2015 - May 31, 2015.
- Winter Yearling Heifer:Born December 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015.
- Senior Yearling Heifer:Born September 1, 2014 - November 30, 2014.
- Heifer (not in milk):Born March 1, 2014 - August 31, 2014.12. Junior Champion & Reserve 13. Two year old Cow:(including younger animals that have freshened)Born between September 1, 2013 and August 31, 2014.14. Three year old Cow:Born between September 1, 2012 and August 31, 2013.
- Four year old Cow:Born between September 1, 2011 and August 31, 2012.
- Aged Cow:Born before August 31, 2011.
- Grand Champion Female & Reserve.*Over 20 entries per class will allow show officials to breakclass into two 3-month classes.