Sondra Cooper & Denise Winter
(No limit on entries) Check-in Entries
August 21 – 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. and August 22 – 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
H CHECK-OUT ENTRIES H
Monday, September 4, 2017, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 noon
The majority of the work must be done by hand– not by machine.All Entries will be judged by age groups as listed in General Rules.
- Needlework items are those items fashioned from fiber, yarn, or fabric materials, using various stitches, knots or weaving, etc.
- Articles will be judged on the quality of workmanship according to the techniques used considering general appearance, construction techniques and suitability of materials.
- WALL HANGINGS SHOULD BE FRAMED OR MATTED FOR FRAMING WITH A WIRE AND HOOK AND EYE, if applicable.Handmade or commercial frames may be used.4. If there are sufficient entries, classes may be separated into original and kit.In classes 1 - 12, please indicate on entry form and at time of check-in if item is a kit or original design. 5. If there are sufficient entries, pictures using applique, candlewick, crewel, crosstitch, embroidery, needlepoint, and needlepunch techniques may be subdivided for judging into sizes.Sizes excluding mat and frame are:
- Smaller than 8 x 10 inches
- 8 x 10 to 16 x 20 inches
- Larger than 16 x 20EMBROIDERYC-1 Crewel EmbroideryC-2 Counted Cross Stitch – Worked pattern less than 64 square inchesC-3 Counted Cross Stitch – Worked pattern greater than 64 square inchesC-4 Canvas Embroidery (Needlepoint) – Less than 18 stitches per inchC-5 Petit Point – Equal to or greater than 22 stitches per inchC-6 Printed pattern Cross StitchC-7 OTHERC-8 SmockingC-9 General EmbroideryC-10 CandlewickingC-11 Plastic CanvasC-12 SamplersC-13 PairsOTHER NEEDLEWORKC-14 Other Decorated ItemsC-15 PillowC-16 Toy or DollC-17 Other Textile Crafts (Tatting, Macrame, Soft Sculpture, Cutwork, etc.)C-18 Personal Accessories (Necklace, Collars, Bows, etc.)C-19 JewelryC-20 Unique Recycled Arts and CraftsC-21 Holiday Corner (Christmas Tree Skirts, Stockings, Wreaths, etc.)C-22 Braided Rugs C-23 Hooked RugsCROCHETC-24 Crochet Sweater - AdultC-25 Crochet Sweater - ChildC-26 Crochet Baby ClothingC-27 Crochet Adult ClothingC-28 Crochet AfghanC-29 Crochet Personal AccessoriesC-30 Crochet Home AccessoriesC-31 Crochet Lace ItemsC-32 Miscellaneous Crochet ItemsKNITTINGC-33 Hand Knit Sweater - AdultC-34 Hand Knit Sweater - ChildC-35 Hand Knit AfghanC-36 Hand Knit Baby ClothingC-37 Hand Knit Adult ClothingC-38 Hand Knit Personal AccessoriesC-39 Hand Knit Home AccessoriesC-40 Miscellaneous Hand KnitC-41 Lace Knitted ItemsC-42 Loom Knitting AccessoriesC-43 Machine Knit ItemsWEAVINGC-44 Woven Personal AccessoriesC-45 Woven Home AccessoriesC-46 Miscellaneous Woven ItemsSPINNINGC-47 Plant-Based Fiber YarnC-48 Animal-Based Fiber YarnC-49 Novelty Yarn FELTINGC-50 Felted Personal AccessoriesC-51 Felted Home AccessoriesC-52 Handbags and TotesC-53 Toys and Children’s ItemsC-54 Miscellaneous Felted ItemsC-55 FIBER ARTC-56 OOPS