Tickets & Deals
Lifetime Honorary Members
Creative Arts  >
Canning and Preserving Dept.
Crafts & Other Arts Dept.
Fine Arts Department
Flower and Plant House
General Culinary Department
Machine Sewing Fabric & Fibers
Incredible Music Makers
Blue Sunset Band
Horse Project Show
Jr. Breeding Show
Jr. Commercial Heifer Show
Jr. Dairy Show
Lamb Prospect Show
Open Jr. Beef Heifer Show
Open Meat Goat Show
Breeding Doe Show
Queen's Scholarship Pageant
German-Czech Mart Food Vendors
Skip Navigation Links
Sept 03, 2017
Be A Fan
CO-SPONSORED BY THE SOUTH CENTRAL TEXAS ALL BREEDS PIGEON CLUB La Grange, Texas
Show Secretary: Annie Hackebeil… email@example.com 512-300-5941 or 979-968-3659
Coop-In: Saturday, September 2, 2017 from 5 - 10 pm or Sunday, September 3, 2017 from 8 - 10 am
Judging: Sunday, September 3, 2017 starting at approximately 10:00 am.
Show Day Secretary: Annie Hackebeil
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Entry fee is $3.00 per pigeon or dove. Entry fee must accompany entry. Checks must be made out to the Fayette County Fair Association. Entry deadline is August 21, 2017. (The Show Committee reserves the right to refuse entries once the available coop space is filled.)
2. Competition is open to the world. All entries and awards in this department shall be subject to the rules and regulations as published in this catalog. If any questions arise concerning the meaning of the rules or any matter not covered by these rules, the decision of the Show Superintendent will be final.
3. All pigeons and doves must be free from disease and parasites. BIRDS SHOWING SIGNS OF EITHER WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY.
4. No one except the Judge and Show Superintendent will be allowed to handle any birds other than their own.
5. The Fayette County Fair Association and the South Central Texas All Breeds Pigeon Club will not be responsible for any loss or accidents, but will give every exhibit the best possible care and use every possible precaution to prevent loss or accident.
6. Feed and water will be provided. IT WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE EXHIBITORS TO FEED AND WATER THEIR OWN BIRDS. Please contact the Show Committee if you need us to feed your birds for you.
7. Single entries only, (old cock, old hen, young cock, or young hen per breed) will be accepted in the following classes: Fancy, Utility, Performance, and Rare. All birds must be seamless banded.
8. Awards by The Fayette County Fair Association: Trophies to Best of Show and Reserve of Show, Class Champions (Best Rare, Best Performance, Best Utility and Best Fancy), will receive $7.50 each. Reserve of Class winners will receive $5.00 each.
Assistant Show Superintendent: Grover Williams
Show Superintendent: Wilburn F. Hackebeil
26 26 27
8a. Award by Mike and Sandy Hatton, P.O. Box 182, Cedar Lane, Texas 77415 Plaque for Best French Mondain.
8b. Open Show Special Awards - Donated by Grover Williams, P.O. Box 108, Palacios, Texas 77465 $100.00 Best of Fancy Class / $.00 Reserve of Fancy Class $100.00 Best of Rare Class / $.00 Reserve of Rare Class $100.00 Best of Performance Class / $.00 Reserve of Performance Class $100.00 Best of Utility Class / $.00 Reserve of Utility Class $200.00 Reserve Grand Champion of Show $400.00 Grand Champion of Show
8c. Plaques for Best of Fancy, Rare, Performance and Utility Class of Open Show & Champion American Giant Homer will be Sponsored by South Central Texas All Breeds Pigeon Club.
8d. A Trophy for Champion Performing Roller and Reserve Champion Performing Roller will be donated by Pedro Carrillo Family of Clute, Texas.
9. There will be an official Junior Pigeon Show at the 2017 Fayette County Fair. (For exhibitors 18 years or under as of September 3, 2017). All the rules of the open show will apply, except the entry fee, which will be $2.00 per bird.
10. A Trophy for Champion Performing Roller & Reserve Champion Performing Roller will be donated by The Pedro Carrillo Family of Clute, Texas.
11. For those exhibitors wishing to participate, there will be a "Special Futurity Show for Young Birds of 2017," for any breed or any variety. Entries can be from the Open or Junior Show. An additional $5.00 will be charged to be entered in the futurity show, in addition to regular show entry fees. The $5.00 fees will be totaled and divided among the top 3 places of the futurity show, all breeds and varieties competing. Aside from winning the money, there will be a special rosette for the Champion 2017 Pigeon Futurity Show Winner. Of the total monies taken in 50% of the monies will go to the SCTABPC for administering the futurity and paying for the champion rosette for the winner. The other 50% will be divided amongst the top 3 winners. 1st Place Winner will receive 25% 2nd Place Winner will receive 15% 3rd Place Winner will receive 10% The Futurity Show will be judged first followed by the Junior Show and the Open Show.
12. Special Plaque "Hackebeil Premier Exhibitor of Show Award" will be presented to the exhibitor earning the highest number of points on all birds shown by that exhibitor based on the following point system: 1st – 5 points Reserve of Breed – 6 points 2nd – 4 points Best of Breed – 7 points 3rd – 3 points Reserve of Class – 8 points 4th – 2 points Best of Class – 9 points 5th – 1 point Reserve of Show – 10 points Best of Show – 11 points
13. There will be a special plaque given for Best Pigeon Breed Display of the 2017 Open Show. To qualify for this award, exhibitors will have to enter 2 old cocks, 2 old hens, 2 young cocks, and 2 young hens of the same breed, but they can be any color variety. Exhibitors must indicate with a check mark on the entry form which birds they want to be considered for this award.
26 26 27
14. At the 2017 Fair, there will be a special Hall of Fame Award which will be presented to a long time pigeon fancier, breeder, and exhibitor at past Fayette County Fairs.
15. Trophies and awards will be presented after winnings have been tabulated after the show on Sunday, September 3, 2017.
16. There will be 1 ticket issued per exhibitor. Extra tickets are available for other family members, a limit of 2, for $10.00 each, per day. Each time the person leaves the fairgrounds the ticket will need to be scanned in and out, otherwise, the person will need to buy a new ticket.
17. Due to the fact that the pigeon show is being held on Sunday, September 3, 2017 this year, the poultry will have already checked out. There should be plenty of space in show barn to accommodate a "For Sale" section for pigeons, therefore exhibitors are invited to bring along "for sale" birds and they will be displayed in the "For Sale" section. Owners of "For Sale" birds should put their name, breed of pigeons and price on cages.* *Exhibitors can sell birds only if they are registered with the Texas Animal Health Commission (TAHC), and have paid the application and registration fee for the current year. Bring proof of the above with you in order to be able to sell birds.
Fill out Entry Form and Mail to: Fayette County Fair Pigeon Show 652 S. Monroe St. La Grange, TX 78945 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org All special awards (aside from premium awards by Fayette County Fair Association) are donated by Mike and Sandy Hatton, Grover Williams, The Pedro Carrillo Family, and the South Central Texas All Breeds Pigeon Club
Have a photo from this event?
Privacy & Terms
Copyright ©2017, Fayette County Fair Association. All Rights Reserved.