Sunday, September 1, 2013
Chairman: Jimmy Rohde
This is a sanctioned event through Lonestar Barbecue Society. For rules and regulations, visit: www.lonestarbarbecue.com
Rules & Regulations
- Teams will consist of one Chief Cook and up to 4 team members.
- Cookers may enter grounds on Friday, August 30. (Larger pits may set up earlier in a designated area.)
- The categories to be judged are Beef Brisket, Pork Spare Ribs, Chicken, Pinto Beans, Chef's Choice and Showmanship.
- Meat tag-in will begin at 12:00 noon Saturday, August 31, 2013. At the time of check in, meat must be raw, thawed and unseasoned.
- Sunday, September 1 - Chef's Choice: 11:00am, Pinto Beans: 12:00pm.
- Chicken: 1:00pm, Ribs: 2:00pm, Brisket: 3:00pm.
- A 20x20 space is available for each team. BBQ pits and campers only (must fit into space provided).
- Cookers are responsible for all needed equipment and supplies.
- THE FAYETTE COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE THEFT AND/OR DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT OF CONTESTANTS (PITS, VEHICLES, CAMPERS, ETC.)
- Fires must be of wood or wood substances. NO electric or gas fires will be allowed. Only beans will allow a burner. Holes or dug out pits are NOT permitted.
- The CHIEF COOK of each team will be held responsible for the conduct of his guests and team members. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages or fighting WILL BE GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION!
- Team's alcoholic beverages are limited to team consumption only, and are not to be given away to visitors. THE FAYETTE COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION HAS ORGANIZATIONS SELLING BEER ON THE GROUNDS AS FUNDRAISING PROJECTS.
- The entry fee is $90.00 for all three categories (chicken, ribs and beef).
- ENTRY FEE - $15.00 A CATEGORY FOR PINTO BEANS AND CHEF'S CHOICE.
- Entries must be received by August 31, 2013 before check in.
- Cash awards and trophies will be given in each category: chicken, pork ribs, beef.
- Contest committeemen reserve the right to make additional regulations as situations warrant. Decisions of the committee chairman and judges are final.
- The fairgrounds is not equipped (for electricity) for campers. Campers must supply their own way of electricity.
- Curfew will be in effect: 12:00am - no loud music, no parties after 12:00am.
- NO VEHICLES, ATV's, GOLF CARTS ALLOWED IN COOK-OFF AREA. PETS MUST BE ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES IN COOK-OFF AREA.
- Space is limited, so turn in your entry forms early.
- No firearms or glass containers allowed.
- No beer is to be brought in Saturday after 5:00pm and no beer at all on Sunday.