Tickets & Deals
Sign up for email updates from Fayette County Fair Association
Lifetime Honorary Members
Creative Arts 2018  >
Canning and Preserving Dept.
Crafts & Other Arts Dept.
Fine Arts Department
Flower and Plant House
General Culinary Department
Machine Sewing Fabric & Fibers
Blue Sunset Band
Lonely Roads Band
Horse Project Show
Jr. Breeding Show
Jr. Commercial Heifer Show
Jr. Dairy Show
Lamb Prospect Show
Open Meat Goat Show
Breeding Doe Show
Queen's Scholarship Pageant
German-Czech Mart Food Vendors
Skip Navigation Links
Agriculture Department 2018
Agriculture Department 2018
Aug 30 - Sept 02, 2018
Be A Fan
Chairman: Glen Roscher 979-247-4155
Committee: Paul Hajovsky, Donald Cernosek, Margaret Roscher
RULES GOVERNING AGRICULTURE EXHIBITS:
1. Commercial sizes that bring the highest market price, or sizes that are more desirable for home consumption, will be the basis upon which all products will be judged. Freak specimens may be shown as oddities only and will not compete for prizes.
2. The judges will decide on the quality of the product and their decision as to whether or not any exhibit shall be entitled to a prize will be final.
3. Exhibitors shall cooperate with the management and prepare the exhibit carefully, in conformity with the classifications published in this catalog.
4. The management will disqualify any exhibit which is not prepared in accordance with the classification.
5. All products exhibited must be grown or prepared during the current year.
6. All entries in this department will be received from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m on Wednesday, August 29th.
7. Only products listed in this catalog and grown in Fayette County are entitled to compete for prizes.
8. All exhibits must remain in place until 7:00 p.m. Sunday and will be released Monday, September 3 from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon. 9. An exhibitor may show more than one product in the same entry, but only one will earn premiums or points.
10. Any other entries, not specifically listed below, will be accepted at the department chairman's discretion.
AGRICULTURE BUILDING WILL BE OPEN:
1:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Thursday
1:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Friday
1:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. Saturday
1:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Sunday
FARM PRODUCTS CLASS
Overall Grand Champion – $10.00
Overall Reserve Grand Champion – $5.00
ON FARM PRODUCTS, GARDEN & FRUIT PRODUCTS & PECANS
In each division a prize of $2.00 will be awarded to the Grand Champion and $1.50 to the Reserve Champion
FARM PRODUCTS, OPEN CLASS – CORN
1st Prize – $1.00 2nd Prize – $.75 3rd Prize – $.50 Best 10 Ears Hybrid Best 10 Stalks Hybrid with Ears Best 3 Stalks Open Pollinated (with Ears) Prizes also given for corn not listed, if considered worthy of a prize.
1st Prize – $1.00 2nd Prize – $.75 3rd Prize – $.50 Best 10 Heads Milo (Hybrid) Best 10 Head Hegari, Darso & Kafir
CLOVER SEED 1st Prize – $1.00 2nd Prize – $.75 3rd Prize – $.50 Best Quart Yellow Blossom Best Quart Hubam
OTHER FIELD CROPS, GARDEN AND FRUIT
1st Prize – $1.00 2nd Prize – $.75 3rd Prize – $.50 Best 1 Stalk Cotton, Open Bolls Best Plate Potatoes Best Quart Oats Best 20 Bolls Cotton Best Quart Wheat Best Plate String beans, fresh Best Quart Cow Peas, any variety Best Plate Okra, fresh Best Quart Millet Best Pint English Peas, dry Best Quart Peanuts Best Pint Butter Beans, dry Best Watermelon Best Pint Wax Beans, dry Best Preserving Citron Best Pint Cream Peas, dry Best Pumpkin Best Plate Pears Best Plate Tomatoes Best Plate Peaches Best Plate Radishes Best Plate Figs Best Plate Sweet Peppers Best Plate Onions Best Plate Hot Peppers Best Plate Garlic Best Plate Egg Plants, fresh Best Plate Persimmons Best Plate Squash Best Plate Sweet Potatoes
PLATE ENTRIES MUST ADEQUATELY COVER PLATE
HONEY AND BEE WAX
1st Prize – $1.00 2nd Prize – $.75 3rd Prize – $.50 Best Quart Extracted Honey Best Beeswax (1 pound) Best Quart Bulk Comb Honey
Pecans entered as display cannot compete for prizes offered for single pints and vice versa. Either old or new pecans considered. B
EST PINT PECANS – IMPROVED VARIETIES
1st Prize – $1.00 2nd Prize – $.75 Burkett Desirable Moore Schley Delmas Stuart James Success Mahan Native Money Maker All other varieties competing with one another. BEST SINGLE CLUSTER PECAN – IMPROVED VARIETIES
1st Prize – $1.00 2nd Prize – $.75 Money Maker Moore Mahan James Stuart Delmas Success Schley Burkett Native All other varieties competing with one another. –
– Native, unnamed seeding (not less than 5 varieties considered) 1st – $1.00 2nd – $.75
BEST DISPLAY – Improved Varieties (not less than 5 varieties considered) 1st – $1.00 2nd – $.75
Have a photo from this event?
Privacy, Terms & Cookies
Copyright ©2018, Fayette County Fair Association. All Rights Reserved.