skip to main content
Tickets & Blast Pass Credits
Sign up for email updates from Fayette County Fair Association
Lifetime Honorary Members
Creative Arts 2020  >
Canning and Preserving Dept.
Crafts & Other Arts Dept.
Fine Arts Department
Flower and Plant House
General Culinary Department
Machine Sewing Fabric & Fibers
4-H Food Challenge
Horse Project Show
Jr. Breeding Show
Jr. Dairy Show
Lamb Prospect Show
Open Meat Goat Show
Queen's Scholarship Pageant
German-Czech Mart Food Vendors
Skip Navigation Links
Aug 31 - Sept 01, 2019
BBQ Cookers Area
2019 BBQ Cookoff Entry Form
2019 BBQ Entry Form
Be A Fan
Saturday & Sunday, September 5 & 6, 2020
Chairman: Jimmy Rohde 979-249-7296 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanctioned Event through Lonestar Barbecue Society
For Rules & Regulations visit:
All Cookers (Teams) MUST buy a Season Pass to enter BBQ grounds Please call Jimmy for discounted fair passes – COOKERS ONLY – see entry form!! The Chief Cook’s meeting will be held in the Round Up Hall Saturday, August 31, 6:00 p.m. followed by a Calcutta auction at 6:30 p.m.
1. Teams will consist of a Chief Cook and team members – all team members & guests MUST have a season pass!
2. Cookers may enter grounds on August 28 & 29 (larger pits may set up earlier in a designated area upon approval by Chairman.)
3. The categories to be judged: Beef Brisket, Pork Butt, Pork Spare/St. Louis Ribs, Chicken, Pinto Beans & (new category for 2019) “Side Dish”. “Side Dish” is just that – no meat or dessert – must be vegetable!
4. Meat tag-in will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday, August 31. At the time of check in, meat MUST be raw, thawed and unseasoned.
5. Judging Saturday, August 31: Pinto Beans, 4 p.m.; “Side Dish”, 5 p.m.; Chief Cooks Meeting, 6 p.m; Calcutta Auction, 6:30 p.m. 6. Judging Sunday, September 1: Chicken, 11:00 a.m., Pork Butt, 1:00 p.m., Pork Ribs, 2 p.m., and Brisket, 3:30 p.m. Tentative time for results announcements is 5:00 p.m. in the Round Up Hall.
7. A 25’ x 25’ space is available for each team: BBQ pits and campers ONLY (must fit into space provided.)
8. Cookers are responsible for all needed equipment and supplies and MUST supply their own generator for camper use. The facility is not equipped with electricity hook-ups for campers. Campers MUST supply their own electricity.
9. THE FAYETTE COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE THEFT AND/OR DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT OF CONTESTANTS (PITS, VEHICLES, CAMPERS, ETC.)
10. Fires must be of wood or wood substances. NO electric or gas fires will be allowed (ONLY beans will allow a burner). Holes or dug pits are NOT permitted.
11. The CHIEF COOK of each team will be held responsible for the conduct of his/her guests and team members. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages or fighting WILL BE GROUNDS OF DISQUALIFICATION and will be asked to leave the premises with no refunds.
12. Team’s alcoholic beverages are limited to team consumption only, and are not to be given away to visitors. THE FAYETTE COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION HAS ORGANIZATIONS SELLING BEER ON THE GROUNDS AS FUNDRAISING PROJECTS.
13. Calcutta rules: The Calcutta auction will follow the Chief Cook’s meeting in the Round Up Hall Saturday, August 31, at 6:30 p.m. Teams will have first option to buy their team for $200, if they decline, bidding will start at $20 per team with no maximum. The Calcutta pay out will be divided evenly between the purchaser of the team winning overall in the 3 meats and the Fayette County Fair Association. If the winning team is not purchased in the Calcutta auction, the Fayette County Fair Association will keep all Calcutta money.
14. Entries must be received by August 26 before check in (ONLY the first 50 PAID entries will be allowed).
15. Cash awards and trophies will be given in each category: Pinto beans, beef ribs, chicken, pork ribs, and beef brisket.
16. Contest committeemen reserve the right to make additional rules as situations warrant. Decisions of the committee chairman and judges are final.
17. Curfew will be in effect: no loud music or parties after 12:00 a.m.
18. NO VEHICLES, ATV, GOLF CARTS ARE ALLOWED IN COOK-OFF AREA.
19. No animals.
20. No firearms or glass containers allowed.
****** No beer brought in after noon on Saturday. No beer will be brought in Sunday at all. ******
1 of 1
Tickets & Blast Pass Credits
Privacy, Terms & Cookies