skip to main content
Tickets & Deals
Sign up for email updates from Fayette County Fair Association
Lifetime Honorary Members
Creative Arts 2019  >
Canning and Preserving Dept.
Fine Arts Department
General Culinary Department
4-H Food Challenge
Texas Dream Band
J & A
Black Cat Choir
Craig Bickly Rodeo Clown
Horse Project Show
Jr. Breeding Show
Jr. Dairy Show
Lamb Prospect Show
Open Meat Goat Show
Queen's Scholarship Pageant
German-Czech Mart Food Vendors
Skip Navigation Links
Aug 31, 2019
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Be A Fan
Chairman: Wilburn Hackebeil 979-968-3659
Superintendent: Grover Williams
All-Breeds, All-Variety Pigeon Show CO-SPONSORED BY THE SOUTH CENTRAL TEXAS ALL BREEDS PIGEON CLUB
La Grange, Texas
Show Secretary: Billy McGwier… firstname.lastname@example.org 936-239-5111
Coop-In: Friday, August 30, 2019 from 5 - 10 pm or Saturday, August 31, 2019 from 8 - 10 am
Judging: Saturday, August 31, 2019 starting at 10:00 am.
Show Day Secretary: Billy McGwier
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Entry fee is $3.00 per pigeon or dove. Entry fee must accompany entry. Checks must be made out to the Fayette County Fair Association. Entry deadline is August 20, 2019. (The Show Committee reserves the right to refuse entries once the available coop space is filled.)
2. Competition is open to the world. All entries and awards in this department shall be subject to the rules and regulations as published in this catalog. If any questions arise concerning the meaning of the rules or any matter not covered by these rules, the decision of the Show Superintendent will be final.
3. All pigeons and doves must be free from disease and parasites. BIRDS SHOWING SIGNS OF EITHER WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY.
4. No one except the Judge and Show Superintendent will be allowed to handle any birds other than their own.
5. The Fayette County Fair Association and the South Central Texas All Breeds Pigeon Club will not be responsible for any loss or accidents, but will give every exhibit the best possible care and use every possible precaution to prevent loss or accident.
6. Feed and water will be provided. IT WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE EXHIBITORS TO FEED AND WATER THEIR OWN BIRDS. Please contact the Show Committee if you need us to feed your birds for you.
7. Single entries only, (old cock, old hen, young cock, or young hen per breed) will be accepted in the following classes: Fancy, Utility, Performance, and Rare Classes. All birds must be seamless banded.
8. Awards by The Fayette County Fair Association: Trophies to Best of Show and Reserve of Show, Class Champions (Best Rare, Best Performance, Best Utility and Best Fancy), will receive $7.50 each. Reserve of Class winners will receive $5.00 each. 8a. Open Show Special Awards - $1,000.00 - Donated by Grover Williams, P.O. Box 108, Palacios, Texas 77465. (Decision on how to split prize money will be decided later.)
8b. Plaques or Trophies for Best of Fancy, Rare, Performance and Utility Class of Open Show & Champion American Giant Homer will be sponsored by South Central Texas All Breeds Pigeon Club.
9. There will be an official Junior Pigeon Show at the 2019 Fayette County Fair (for exhibitors 18 years or under as of August 31, 2019). All the rules of the open show will apply, except the entry fee, which will be $2.00 per bird.
10. For those exhibitors wishing to participate, there will be a "Special Futurity Show for Young Birds of 2019," for any breed or any variety. Entries can be from the Open or Junior Show. An additional $5.00 will be charged to be entered in the futurity show, in addition to regular show entry fees. The $5.00 fees will be totaled and divided among the top 3 places of the Futurity Show, all breeds and varieties competing. Aside from winning the money, there will be a special rosette for the Champion 2019 Pigeon Futurity Show Winner. Of the total monies taken in 50% of the monies will go to the SCTABPC for administering the futurity and paying for the champion rosette for the winner. The other 50% will be divided amongst the top 3 winners.
1st Place Winner will receive 25%
2nd Place Winner will receive 15%
3rd Place Winner will receive 10%
The Futurity Show will be judged first followed by the Junior Show and the Open Show.
11. Special Plaque "Hackebeil Premier Exhibitor of Show Award" will be presented to the exhibitor earning the highest number of points on all birds shown by that exhibitor based on the following point system:
1st – 5 points Reserve of Breed – 6 points
2nd – 4 points Best of Breed – 7 points
3rd – 3 points Reserve of Class – 8 points
4th – 2 points Best of Class – 9 points
5th – 1 point Reserve of Show – 10 points
Best of Show – 11 points
12. There will be a special plaque given for Best Pigeon Breed Display of the 2019 Open Show. To qualify for this award, exhibitors will have to enter 2 old cocks, 2 old hens, 2 young cocks, and 2 young hens of the same breed, but they can be any color variety. Exhibitors must indicate with a check mark on the entry form which birds they want to be considered for this award. 13. At the 2019 Fair, there will be a special Hall of Fame Award which will be presented to a long time pigeon fancier, breeder, and exhibitor at past Fayette County Fairs.
14. Trophies and awards will be presented after winnings have been tabulated after the show on Saturday, August 31, 2019.
15. There will be 1 ticket issued per exhibitor. Extra tickets are available for other family members, a limit of 2, for $10.00 each, per day. Each time the person leaves the fairgrounds the ticket will need to be scanned in and out, otherwise, the person will need to buy a new ticket.
Mail entries to: Fayette County Fair Pigeon Show c/o Billy McGwier 14212 FM 400 Unit 1 • Slaton, Texas 79364 Email: email@example.com
All special awards (aside from premium awards by Fayette County Fair Association) are donated by Grover Williams and the South Central Texas All Breeds Pigeon Club
Have a photo from this event?
Aug 31, 2019
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Tickets & Deals
Privacy, Terms & Cookies